Maloney Lauersdorf Reiner PC is seeking an experienced legal secretary/paralegal to join our team. We are a relatively small team practicing in a casual and collaborative environment.
Because we are a relatively small team, our attorneys and staff are expected to exercise initiative and solid judgment, and be prepared to take on a variety of roles and responsibilities as circumstances warrant. Routine responsibilities will include preparing correspondence and pleadings, proofreading and editing, calendaring and case management, electronic filing of pleadings and other documents in state and federal trial and appellate courts in Oregon and Washington, document and exhibit management, coordinating discovery and document production, preparation of chronologies, summarization of depositions and other witness statements, conducting research, locating and interviewing witnesses, securing evidence, assisting attorneys in developing litigation strategies, assisting with attorneys with trial preparation and trial, working with clients, opposing counsel, and lay and expert witnesses, and ensuring timely and accurate billing of completed tasks.
Well-qualified candidates will possess some or all of the following experience, traits, and skills:
• 2+ years of experience as a legal secretary or paralegal supporting a complex commercial litigation practice
• Exceptional attention to detail and pride of workmanship
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, including developing and maintaining both internal and external client relationships
• High competency with MS Office and Adobe applications
• High competency with CM/ECF, Odyssey, and other electronic filing systems utilized by state and federal trial and appellate courts in Oregon and Washington
• Strong understanding of federal, state, and local rules of court in Oregon and Washington
• Strong organizational and document management skills
• Strong research, analysis and critical thinking skills
• Experience with e-discovery, ESI, and document management systems
• Familiarity with trial presentation software and applications
• Familiarity with basic insurance concepts and terminology
MLR offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes health insurance, life and disability insurance, paid parking, vested 401(k), and discretionary bonuses. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter, with salary expectations, to Andy Lauersdorf, Maloney Lauersdorf Reiner PC, 1111 E. Burnside Street, Suite 300, Portland, Oregon 97214.